Sunday, September 26, 2010

Thesis Topic and Abstract

The following is a graphically abstract representation of my thesis concept to date. I want to explore a person's spirituality and create a center dedicated to a person's spiritual self. It has become very common for people to describe themselves as "Spiritual but not Religious" yet I see no center's that embrace that concept. What I want to create is not a church, it is not a religious center, and regardless of your belief system, the center I want to design is intended for EVERYONE!

To date, my thesis topic can be mapped out as such:


The main concept of Spiritual Identity is branched off into three key topics: Spirituality, Expression, and Knowledge. Furthermore, those keywords are fragmented to more specific concepts that are helping mold my thesis.

Next I translated these ideas into a visual abstract. You may notice the images are cropped, implying horizontal and vertical movement. This is an organizing technique used to differentiate the images. The vertical images are place that one may easily associate with my keywords, the horizontal images are more transparent and represent what I personally may see as a place or mindset of the keywords I have outlined.

No comments:

Post a Comment